Sign in to follow this  
hookahmatt

Matt Desind Video Reviews

16 hours ago, hookahmatt said: I have never heard about Mya coals before I got a box of this. I was shocked by how good they were, dude, you say I'm bias, but all you do is bad mouth Mya, I'm lost as to why you say that I'm bias for them. You are bias against them. Just wondering what was the last Mya product that you tried, things chang, you talk about hating hookah hookah, and you were willing to give them another shot. I'm lost as to why it seems I can't post here about Mya, you have a lot of dislike for it and I think we all get it. But it's just getting to the point I don't feel like posting here. My opinions feels wrong, which stinks because it's my opinion.

It's all over the various forums and facebook groups. Even in the group chat I'm in on instagram people all say mya and the al fakher coals are the lowest of the low. I'm saying your bias because that's all I'm getting from that video. You're splitting them in half which shows how brittle the insides are yet you're claiming they are good coals which is contradictory man. Good coals don't split that easily which leads me to believe there is a higher count of wood in them similar to the bargain charcoal like say coconour or cocojamra, even leonara. The size of them is also something that is a huge drawback to this product, for the amount you are paying it is not worth what you are getting. That can be chocked up as opinion and not fact so you can take it as such. However, this is one of those reviews where I feel that your sponsorship is clouding what would be an unbiased judgement.

I'm not bias towards them at all. I have had much experience with the brand, even these coals for that matter and everything is lack luster and cheap. Not to say you can't have cheap, yet quality products, I mean look at nakhla. I have developed an unrelenting opinion against them because they blatantly lie and steal others designs and products while giving the community a cheap attempt at a product. However if I were to review them (which would probably never happen since they know my thoughts on them as a whole) I would go into that review with an open mind. Example being hookah hookah. The creator spoke with me and assured me that steps were taken into revitalizing that brand, so I went into it with an open mind and rather enjoyed the changes. It's companies like mya though that only change product descriptions and their loaded word statements after someone catches them red handed that I despise. Minzari belongs in that group too mind you but that's a whole other topic entirely.

I'm partnered with alchemist, cocourth, and hookah junkie yet If I were to see a product that wasn't up to par in regards to quality I would certainly call them out on it. I have done so with alchemist a few times already and cocourth as well. Even if I'm partnered with a company I don't let anything slide, it's not the person who I am.

I honestly feel like you are giving them slack on that product along with the freeze hose because the facts aren't in either review. Sorry if that makes you feel like your opinion is unwanted or invalid but I do feel like someone will eventually come across your videos and think those are fantastic products when in actuality they are not based upon many reasons. I'm not trying to be all knowing or slander what you have to say by any means but in the long run someone has to pull up that facts about that company. I've been at this for 8 years solid and have seen many things fade away, become discontinued, and even change for the better, I would love to see mya do better because they certainly have the money and resources to which is evident in their newest hose but again that is also just another copy of someone's hard labors; the dream hose company.

Having said all of that I do like a few mya products like the vases they have which have always been unique, the bambino since it used to be a bargain for what you get (not so much anymore), and that new hose they just came out with that I was talking about just now.

Okay. I will enjoy the things I enjoy. And I will keep bias out of it. We all have bias, the funny thing is that I have never heard anything about Mya coal, so I literally walked in with out any bias. If they were brittle they would not split in half they would crumble. They are great coals and I hope someone tries them because of my review. I don't know what you are looking for in my videos my point is to give an overview of a product so people looking to buy will have an idea of what they are getting. I have been around hookah for 10 years, I have owned a lounge and retail store. I always liked Mya and there products, sorry about that no one told me they were crap I guess. I found them and just enjoyed them because as a hobby I just like to relax and enjoy. I don't know what to say about this anymore I don't know what you are trying to do. All you do is telling how wrong I am yet you admit you have no idea what the products are like, because you would never try them? I don't care, I really don't. When I sit and relax, that's what I will do because when I smoke there is no bias there, I just try to enjoy. Because it's an hour of time I can no worry, if i make a video it's because I want to share my thoughts. Which I guess can be wrong. Oh well if you don't enjoy what I have to say about Mya, I think I get the point. Like I really get it, you don't like Mya.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hookahmatt said: I have never heard about Mya coals before I got a box of this. I was shocked by how good they were, dude, you say I'm bias, but all you do is bad mouth Mya, I'm lost as to why you say that I'm bias for them. You are bias against them. Just wondering what was the last Mya product that you tried, things chang, you talk about hating hookah hookah, and you were willing to give them another shot. I'm lost as to why it seems I can't post here about Mya, you have a lot of dislike for it and I think we all get it. But it's just getting to the point I don't feel like posting here. My opinions feels wrong, which stinks because it's my opinion.

It's all over the various forums and facebook groups. Even in the group chat I'm in on instagram people all say mya and the al fakher coals are the lowest of the low. I'm saying your bias because that's all I'm getting from that video. You're splitting them in half which shows how brittle the insides are yet you're claiming they are good coals which is contradictory man. Good coals don't split that easily which leads me to believe there is a higher count of wood in them similar to the bargain charcoal like say coconour or cocojamra, even leonara. The size of them is also something that is a huge drawback to this product, for the amount you are paying it is not worth what you are getting. That can be chocked up as opinion and not fact so you can take it as such. However, this is one of those reviews where I feel that your sponsorship is clouding what would be an unbiased judgement. I'm not bias towards them at all. I have had much experience with the brand, even these coals for that matter and everything is lack luster and cheap. Not to say you can't have cheap, yet quality products, I mean look at nakhla. I have developed an unrelenting opinion against them because they blatantly lie and steal others designs and products while giving the community a cheap attempt at a product. However if I were to review them (which would probably never happen since they know my thoughts on them as a whole) I would go into that review with an open mind. Example being hookah hookah. The creator spoke with me and assured me that steps were taken into revitalizing that brand, so I went into it with an open mind and rather enjoyed the changes. It's companies like mya though that only change product descriptions and their loaded word statements after someone catches them red handed that I despise. Minzari belongs in that group too mind you but that's a whole other topic entirely.

I'm partnered with alchemist, cocourth, and hookah junkie yet If I were to see a product that wasn't up to par in regards to quality I would certainly call them out on it. I have done so with alchemist a few times already and cocourth as well. Even if I'm partnered with a company I don't let anything slide, it's not the person who I am.

I honestly feel like you are giving them slack on that product along with the freeze hose because the facts aren't in either review. Sorry if that makes you feel like your opinion is unwanted or invalid but I do feel like someone will eventually come across your videos and think those are fantastic products when in actuality they are not based upon many reasons. I'm not trying to be all knowing or slander what you have to say by any means but in the long run someone has to pull up that facts about that company. I've been at this for 8 years solid and have seen many things fade away, become discontinued, and even change for the better, I would love to see mya do better because they certainly have the money and resources to which is evident in their newest hose but again that is also just another copy of someone's hard labors; the dream hose company.

Having said all of that I do like a few mya products like the vases they have which have always been unique, the bambino since it used to be a bargain for what you get (not so much anymore), and that new hose they just came out with that I was talking about just now.

Okay. I will enjoy the things I enjoy. And I will keep bias out of it. We all have bias, the funny thing is that I have never heard anything about Mya coal, so I literally walked in with out any bias. If they were brittle they would not split in half they would crumble. They are great coals and I hope someone tries them because of my review. I don't know what you are looking for in my videos my point is to give an overview of a product so people looking to buy will have an idea of what they are getting. I have been around hookah for 10 years, I have owned a lounge and retail store. I always liked Mya and there products, sorry about that no one told me they were crap I guess. I found them and just enjoyed them because as a hobby I just like to relax and enjoy. I don't know what to say about this anymore I don't know what you are trying to do. All you do is telling how wrong I am yet you admit you have no idea what the products are like, because you would never try them? I don't care, I really don't. When I sit and relax, that's what I will do because when I smoke there is no bias there, I just try to enjoy. Because it's an hour of time I can no worry, if i make a video it's because I want to share my thoughts. Which I guess can be wrong. Oh well if you don't enjoy what I have to say about Mya, I think I get the point. Like I really get it, you don't like Mya.

Matt you really did not understand anything I said if that's your response. I'll break it down simply once more:

1.) I've had plenty of mya products and all were lack luster and of cheap quality.

2.) just because you have never heard of a product does not mean you can't go in with bias due to a sponsorship.

3.) if you review things instantly like the plx hookah and accessories you are not giving facts, only personal opinions and first impressions. You said it yourself you had never used these coals before and then you make a review. That's not giving accurate information due to the little experience.

4.) I remember you had a store but it was in Idaho, a state bordering the highest tobacco tax imaginable, that boasted a small population that isn't catered to hookah products. Step 1 of owning a business is researching the demographics of that area to see if it is even plausible. I doubt anyone going there would know the ins and outs of hookahs and could tell the difference in a 30$ mya and a 100$ egyptian aesthetically. I mention all of this because you say no one ever told you mya is crap, well you lived in an area where no one knew what mya was. Sure you could have a savvy customer here and there but for the most part people that frequent shops and lounges often don't know too much and merely say they do.

Am I trying to be pessimistic and cynical about what you put out in videos? Not at all. I enjoy your flavor reviews in their entirety. Am I saying you can't enjoy yourself? Nope, I wholeheartedly encourage you to.

All I've been trying to say here is to that you are a face in the community now, what you say will be taken as fact no matter what. Be mindful of that because not every product deserves praise.

• Like 1

It's all over the various forums and facebook groups. Even in the group chat I'm in on instagram people all say mya and the al fakher coals are the lowest of the low. I'm saying your bias because that's all I'm getting from that video. You're splitting them in half which shows how brittle the insides are yet you're claiming they are good coals which is contradictory man. Good coals don't split that easily which leads me to believe there is a higher count of wood in them similar to the bargain charcoal like say coconour or cocojamra, even leonara. The size of them is also something that is a huge drawback to this product, for the amount you are paying it is not worth what you are getting. That can be chocked up as opinion and not fact so you can take it as such. However, this is one of those reviews where I feel that your sponsorship is clouding what would be an unbiased judgement. I'm not bias towards them at all. I have had much experience with the brand, even these coals for that matter and everything is lack luster and cheap. Not to say you can't have cheap, yet quality products, I mean look at nakhla. I have developed an unrelenting opinion against them because they blatantly lie and steal others designs and products while giving the community a cheap attempt at a product. However if I were to review them (which would probably never happen since they know my thoughts on them as a whole) I would go into that review with an open mind. Example being hookah hookah. The creator spoke with me and assured me that steps were taken into revitalizing that brand, so I went into it with an open mind and rather enjoyed the changes. It's companies like mya though that only change product descriptions and their loaded word statements after someone catches them red handed that I despise. Minzari belongs in that group too mind you but that's a whole other topic entirely. I'm partnered with alchemist, cocourth, and hookah junkie yet If I were to see a product that wasn't up to par in regards to quality I would certainly call them out on it. I have done so with alchemist a few times already and cocourth as well. Even if I'm partnered with a company I don't let anything slide, it's not the person who I am.

Matt you really did not understand anything I said if that's your response. I'll break it down simply once more:

1.) I've had plenty of mya products and all were lack luster and of cheap quality.

2.) just because you have never heard of a product does not mean you can't go in with bias due to a sponsorship.

3.) if you review things instantly like the plx hookah and accessories you are not giving facts, only personal opinions and first impressions. You said it yourself you had never used these coals before and then you make a review. That's not giving accurate information due to the little experience.

4.) I remember you had a store but it was in Idaho, a state bordering the highest tobacco tax imaginable, that boasted a small population that isn't catered to hookah products. Step 1 of owning a business is researching the demographics of that area to see if it is even plausible. I doubt anyone going there would know the ins and outs of hookahs and could tell the difference in a 30$ mya and a 100$ egyptian aesthetically. I mention all of this because you say no one ever told you mya is crap, well you lived in an area where no one knew what mya was. Sure you could have a savvy customer here and there but for the most part people that frequent shops and lounges often don't know too much and merely say they do.

Am I trying to be pessimistic and cynical about what you put out in videos? Not at all. I enjoy your flavor reviews in their entirety. Am I saying you can't enjoy yourself? Nope, I wholeheartedly encourage you to.

All I've been trying to say here is to that you are a face in the community now, what you say will be taken as fact no matter what. Be mindful of that because not every product deserves praise.

Just so it's known, this was the 2nd box of these coals that I used. I have also pointed out flaws in all the hookahs that I have reviewed from Mya as well. Really let's move on. This Is not worth it. I get it, you don't like Mya products. I'm not going to talk about my hookah lounge. Or who I talk hookah with. I have been part of the Industry, and know plenty of people apart of it as well. I'm not trying to discredit you. Please don't do that to me.

• Like 1

It's all over the various forums and facebook groups. Even in the group chat I'm in on instagram people all say mya and the al fakher coals are the lowest of the low. I'm saying your bias because that's all I'm getting from that video. You're splitting them in half which shows how brittle the insides are yet you're claiming they are good coals which is contradictory man. Good coals don't split that easily which leads me to believe there is a higher count of wood in them similar to the bargain charcoal like say coconour or cocojamra, even leonara. The size of them is also something that is a huge drawback to this product, for the amount you are paying it is not worth what you are getting. That can be chocked up as opinion and not fact so you can take it as such. However, this is one of those reviews where I feel that your sponsorship is clouding what would be an unbiased judgement. I'm not bias towards them at all. I have had much experience with the brand, even these coals for that matter and everything is lack luster and cheap. Not to say you can't have cheap, yet quality products, I mean look at nakhla. I have developed an unrelenting opinion against them because they blatantly lie and steal others designs and products while giving the community a cheap attempt at a product. However if I were to review them (which would probably never happen since they know my thoughts on them as a whole) I would go into that review with an open mind. Example being hookah hookah. The creator spoke with me and assured me that steps were taken into revitalizing that brand, so I went into it with an open mind and rather enjoyed the changes. It's companies like mya though that only change product descriptions and their loaded word statements after someone catches them red handed that I despise. Minzari belongs in that group too mind you but that's a whole other topic entirely. I'm partnered with alchemist, cocourth, and hookah junkie yet If I were to see a product that wasn't up to par in regards to quality I would certainly call them out on it. I have done so with alchemist a few times already and cocourth as well. Even if I'm partnered with a company I don't let anything slide, it's not the person who I am. I honestly feel like you are giving them slack on that product along with the freeze hose because the facts aren't in either review. Sorry if that makes you feel like your opinion is unwanted or invalid but I do feel like someone will eventually come across your videos and think those are fantastic products when in actuality they are not based upon many reasons. I'm not trying to be all knowing or slander what you have to say by any means but in the long run someone has to pull up that facts about that company. I've been at this for 8 years solid and have seen many things fade away, become discontinued, and even change for the better, I would love to see mya do better because they certainly have the money and resources to which is evident in their newest hose but again that is also just another copy of someone's hard labors; the dream hose company.

Matt you really did not understand anything I said if that's your response. I'll break it down simply once more:1.) I've had plenty of mya products and all were lack luster and of cheap quality.

Just so it's known, this was the 2nd box of these coals that I used. I have also pointed out flaws in all the hookahs that I have reviewed from Mya as well. Really let's move on. This Is not worth it. I get it, you don't like Mya products. I'm not going to talk about my hookah lounge. Or who I talk hookah with. I have been part of the Industry, and know plenty of people apart of it as well. I'm not trying to discredit you. Please don't do that to me.

I'm not discrediting you whatsoever, this is not an attack. If anything I was discrediting lounge goers which in 90% of cases is true. If you want to stop communicating about this so be it, I've said what I've needed to say about everything.

• Like 1

Guys, this is a friendly forum. Its perfectly ok to have disagreements with each other on the quality of a product. It is absolutely not ok to attack each other about the points of view (let alone attacking each other's intelligence on where to open business and how to run it).

Please consider this a warning as I won't tolerate fights on Hookah.org's forums. That's the hallmark of other hookah forums which we have no desire to imitate. 

• Like 3

It's hard to say anything without feeling like I'd fuel the flame, I can kind of see both sides. There's a lot I'd like to say about this subject but damn lol, I had to edit this post too, I think Nima basically said what needed to be said, please stahp fighting guise

• Like 3

I really like this coal a lot, the coal lasts a long time, and there it has no taste or smell when it lights up. if you are thinking about getting some new coals, use my discount code and get some of these you will not be disappointed.

When I go to my local shops I actually look for those before anything else. I personally haven't had a bad experience with them and they last me a long time. I feel they are hot enough where I don't have to use an extra coal, but the best part is that they don't give me a headache as many others do.

I think when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of preference. There are ton of brands that other people feel is bad, but me personally smoke them and enjoy them. Case in point Jewel shisha. There hasn't been a person or a forum that I've come across that has anything nice to say about it. I however buy it by the boatload when it's in stock because I found their trick and know not to use 4 coals with them as many people do. Did I listen to them? Nah. As long as I get a nice session out of them it's fine by me which is the reason I say it's just preference. I've found that no matter what I read anywhere, the only way I'm going to find out if I like something is by trying it myself. I only use what other people say as a guide for what's out there.

But that's just me and how I am. The same can be said for the food I cook. It's very rare when I use somebody's recipe. I rather see what's out there and then come up with my own dish.

I've never tried mya's so I can't comment, but I bet they can do right by the owner if they get to know the brand. I didn't like my KM at first because I had never used one. Then I found exactly where the water level should be and now I love that thing. It's all about finding out what works best for you as an individual without trying to follow the trends.

So let's shake hands and let bygones be bygones.

• Like 3

https://youtu.be/XyCqrwjnpLY

Review of Tangiers blueberry, I liked it, has a taste all of its own.

I liked how you talked more about Tangier's as a brand in this review, I never knew they had a standard blueberry flavor, its cool that you do reviews on flavors that are not really spoken about so a lot of your reviews are on flavors I didn't know. Personally I wish there were more reviews about the basic flavors in brands instead of the really popular stuff because whenever I want to find a review on something odd and off beat its hard to get any info

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/XyCqrwjnpLY

Review of Tangiers blueberry, I liked it, has a taste all of its own.

Damn nice review Matt. You gave a bit of a background of what to expect from tangiers as a brand and I think no oboes can definitely appreciate that. Well rounded video. 🏻

• Like 1

The Apple sounds really good, out of your Tangier's review that's the one I wanna try the most, I was on the fence about kashmir apple and absinth but I think I'll just get that instead

• Like 2

The Apple sounds really good, out of your Tangier's review that's the one I wanna try the most, I was on the fence about kashmir apple and absinth but I think I'll just get that instead

Thanks. Yeah if you are a fan of double apple it's good, plus there is a sweetness that I enjoyed.

• Like 3

Thanks. Yeah if you are a fan of double apple it's good, plus there is a sweetness that I enjoyed.

I like some sweetness, I think nakhla has a nice subtle sweetness to its double apple and its one of the reasons I keep buying so much of it, I might really like this one

• Like 3

I typically don't like the designs from mya but the ayla is nice, if I were to get a mya hookah it'd be something like that

• Like 1

I typically don't like the designs from mya but the ayla is nice, if I were to get a mya hookah it'd be something like that

I just checked it out and you are right, it does have a very nice design.

• Like 1

I just checked it out and you are right, it does have a very nice design.

I really like more traditional looking hookahs so something like that from mya really impressed me, especially since they're machine made so they'll always look like that, if you haven't seem the executive stem by sahara smoke its kind of in the same line, another nice more traditional brass look to it, this sounds bad but I almost wish HJ completely ripped off his Syrian hookah because I prefer the look over his version much more, I really don't like the HJ stamp either

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/N_EeswYRcwE

Okay! I know i have been gone for a bit. But life is going to slow down for a bit. Thanks for watching my videos and not forgetting about me. Here is my newest video and I will be around more now. Let's smoke some hookah.

Matt we can never forget about you. No worries sometimes life gets us super hectic and we can't always stop to smoke a bowl.

• Like 2