Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Forum Rules & Policies

Forum Rules

We want to continually grow and keep the Hookah Forums as a leading site; a place where members can learn, share, and master the web together!

In order for everyone to enjoy our forums, a few rules need to be placed and followed. They are as follows:

No Spamming

Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty posts, posts with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy or increase a member's post count. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.

A member can only have one account.

Any member having more than one account will get all accounts banned, especially if they are talking to each other!

Zero Profanity

Please keep in mind that this forum is open to young people and people from all areas browsing these forums. Therefore, no profanity should be used. If used, it will be edited.

Be Respectful

Respect other to be respected.

Signature Use

We have left the signature open to everyone to put links/images or simple text. I will be able to leave it that way as long as it doesn't get abused.

Don't use the signature area to advertise for a website or product or to post affiliate links.

Don't use large images. Be reasonable.

Advertising

Some forms of advertising are allowed on the forum to our Trusted Vendors. Please refrain from advertising unless you are a Trusted Vendor with us to avoid getting banned from the forum.

thank you guys.

If you have any suggestions please let me know

:)

Guest MosheNL

About spamming, this is amazing!!Yesterday I decided to leave a hookah forum that I'd been a member of for ages just for that reason.

All the posts were "as if" posts for example:

"Wow, just recieved my BMW Master Blaster hookah and it beats everything I've smoked." So many that I imagine they are all gratis free advertising??????

unfortunately spammers are on all forums.

We try to take them out as soon as we see them though.

btw, welcome to the forum

Guest MosheNL
Forum Rules

I agree!Totally

We want to continually grow and keep the Hookah Forums as a leading site; a place where members can learn, share, and master the web together!

In order for everyone to enjoy our forums, a few rules need to be placed and followed. They are as follows:

No Spamming

Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty posts, posts with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy or increase a member's post count. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.

A member can only have one account.

Any member having more than one account will get all accounts banned, especially if they are talking to each other!

Zero Profanity

Please keep in mind that this forum is open to young people and people from all areas browsing these forums. Therefore, no profanity should be used. If used, it will be edited.

Be Respectful

Respect other to be respected.

Signature Use

We have left the signature open to everyone to put links/images or simple text. I will be able to leave it that way as long as it doesn't get abused.

Don't use the signature area to advertise for a website or product or to post affiliate links.

Don't use large images. Be reasonable.

No Advertising

Links to other online stores are prohibited. If linking to an online website is essential for your post, please contact us before posting to avoid getting infractions.

I agree totally friend

Guest Genie

I'm surprised more forums don't ban profanity. Not that I believe there is really such a thing as a "bad" word with the exception of those words that put others down for race, color, gender, sexuality, or creed. And if you knew me, you'd know that I really don't censor my language at all in a private setting. But, in a public forum where anyone of any age can come bebopping along, I think there should be a little more discretion. Some message it sends to youth about what is proper public behavior when they can stumble upon a site like this and find a bunch of vulgar smack talk and foul language.

I agree for the most part. The occasional word is okay, but don't overdo it, you know?

Guest Genie

I'm probably too old school, but profanity on a public forum, to me, is like dropping F-bombs in a library or grocery store. You just don't know who is around you and it's best to watch your mouth. Which reminds me, I really need to stop dropping F-bombs at the grocery store--but dang! I'm always getting shocked when my hand brushes a metal shelf, it HURTS!

Hahahahahahah I hate when that happens! Especially if it's been building up for a few minutes or hours.

The reason why I don't think it's a problem on this forum, is because we have to assume readers are over the age of 18 to comply with guidelines. If they aren't, they're violating Terms of Service. Now, I understand if an adult gets upset because they find their child looking at a social website full of cursing and stuff, but here's it seems to be a little different to me. Especially in the private forums.

Guest Genie

I do agree that context is everything. On a forum where the theme is tobacco, which shouldn't be available to anyone under 18--I agree that it may be overkill to ban profanity. But I still don't use profanity on public forums, period. Experience has taught me that anything you say (online) can and will be held against you at one point or another. I feel it's best to keep it clean. Don't want my words haunting me later on.

It's SO dry here, I'm getting shocked by everything. So I can be found cursing in store aisles, in parking lots, and just about everywhere else, really.