Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Hookah Wiki?

Guest mitchard

My post wasn't so much of a spam link as it was showing you guys that a hookah wiki exists. But whatever.

I thought that might be the case, but we have too many spammers trying to promote other sites here and we have no choice but to take every one of them seriously.

You can read our forum rules for future reference.

Thanks

It actually is online, but i havent had time to write any content in it :(.

I have two hectic weeks ahead of me and by March 13 i will have time to start working on the site again :)

A wiki might be an easier way to organize reviews. Start with a section titled reviews

List by brands

List of reviewed flavors within that brand

List of reviews of that specific brand/flavor

What do you think?

Feel free to add my reviews to the wiki, so long as I get credit for em ;)

Guest GhostRobot

I think this would be a great idea. A database full of hookah knowledge. Awesome!

Guest Genie

Wow, it would be a lot of work. Great PR for hookah as a whole though. People always assume the worst. Uneducated people, that is.

i ended up creating the wiki section but never made it live.

I might make that the next hookahlounge big project.

I helped :P haha. It was just sooo confusing though! wiki is not a very easy software [backend] to work with. It takes a lot of time and patience. [something that I didn't have much of back then!] lol. But good luck in the future with it!

Guys, the wiki project is done. We now have a wiki section.

Of course the hard part has just started which is finding enthusiastic hookah smokers who want to help create a large hookah knowledgebase database.

Guest Genie

Wow, is it up and accessible already? I wish I felt confident enough in my hookah knowledge to contribute, but I really know very little beyond what it takes to make my own shisha and pipes work for me.