Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest vincent09

Hookah picture thread!

Guest vincent09

Post one picture of your favorite pipe (that you own).

Surprise at the end if this reaches 10 pages.

Enjoy! =)

Guest mitchard

Well I do have a KM Pharonie on the way... but for now the Nour is still my favorite in the house.

101_3072.jpg

Guest thundermango
getattachmentaspx3.jpg my big green (i made the hose myself it is awesome) i also bought a mini that is candy cane spirals

Guest kalutika

I really need to get pictures of my stuff. I was hoping to wait for the new rig to come in but I just need to do it at this point. I'll get pictures of that shirt for you too.

Guest jcy123

My one and only. I have no idea what kind it is but was told it is from Syria. It has a male style bowl. I absolutely love it because of it's old brass style.

100_1550small.jpg

Guest mitchard

NICE Syrian man. Looks awesome.

Any history on it? Like where you got it and such. Most of the manufacturers of Syrian pipes are switching to support females bowls, its a nice find to have a legit Syrian with the female port on it.

Guest roka_zulu

All of these are quite nice.

I want a hookah =_=

I really need to invest in one, asap.

Guest DBox

My hookah :)

Interesting modern type hookah. Never seen another like it.....

PIC-0265.jpg

My first hookah: [before I knew anything about hookahs!]

24fe6oy.jpg

My second hookah: Mini Mya.. sorry I'll find a whole body shot of it:

2kphf7.jpg

Ohh! here's one:

joshjohn.jpg

my third and fourth hookahs:

well, they're both KM's[ i think?], but I'll post pics as soon as I find some.

Guest scalliwag

Not my favorite daily smoker, but the best when friends are over. Sorry I never took pics after I made the hoses for it :(

HPIM3268.jpg

Guest scalliwag
wow what?!

I'm guessing the hoses screw onto the top of the bottles?

It uses regular hoses and hose grommets. They just push into the top of the bottles. That bottle in the middle just has a tube going thru it. Then it goes into a 3 way manifold. The really cool thing is that each bottle acts as a separate hookah since each tube is under water.

This allows more than one person to hit on it at once and no one has to plug their hose. So there were some things I had not even thought about that just happened to make it work even better. I've sold two Shiner versions and a Heineken.

On the Heineken the green glass trays matched much better.

Oh, and the one in the pic was the prototype and now the tubes are stainless instead of aluminum and polished.

Guest scalliwag
how much do they cost to make?

Parts list:

5' stainless tubing (1/2" OD- .058 wall)= $3 a foot

beer bottles.... kinda free the way I go thru them ;)

1/2" ID grommets- 75 cents x 5 (including trays)

stem grommets- 75 cents x 3

bowl- ?

hoses- ?

3 way air manifold- Harbor Freight- $5

2" thick 8x8" wood for base (varies)

Forstner drill bit the size of the bottle being used

tools needed-

3/4" diamond holesaw ($10 at Harbor Freight)

heavy duty tube bender- kinda pricey but it takes a good one for stainless

drill press

1/4" pipe die and handle to thread tubes for manifold- a cheap die won't thread stainless

you have to form an "S" bend in the tubes. The have to be identical and straight up and down.

Before you bend the tube you need to polish them on a lathe or by chucking them in a drill press and spinning at the highest RPM you can get. Use tripoli and PAPER towels. If you ever have a lathe or drill grab a regular towel and you don't break your hand or worse consider yourself lucky :eek:

Forming the tubes is the tricky part. I was a welder/metal fab guy for years and it's like playing the guitar, you don't learn it from a book or watching somebody unfortunately even though the best make it look so easy.

A bending jig is the best way to go but not practical unless you are forming shitloads. But when you build it once and create stops they come out exactly right every time as long as you put the tube in right and pull the handle until it won't go any further.

I love that kind of stuff so even though it's a royal pain in the ass for some of it, in the end you have something to be real proud of and take to show and tell for 3rd period on Tuesdays ;)

I'm just now getting fairly good at woodwork and having a lot of fun with it.

When drilling the bottles wear welding gloves and obviously eye protection and go slow and slow rpm and watch for the bit trying to walk on you. If you break a bottle it means you have to drink more which leads to more broke bottles and a headache in the morning :(