Nima

can u put whiskey (whisky) in hookah?

Question

Has anyone tried that before?

I've tried vodka, but never whiskey. What flavor would it go with the best?

Guest Roka_Miami

^ i have not forgotten, i *will* buy you a hookah !!!

whether we have to wait until august remains to be seen.

Guest roka_zulu

lmfao..

i actually laughed out loud, did you hear me?

Guest Deadlegend

Ive actually heard that itll get you drunk.

The smoke supposedly vaporizes the alcohol molecules and u inhale them, getting it into your bloodstream much quicker and easier than drinking it.

So thats why you dont just drink it

There is a really fun way to ingest alcohol via breathing. Get a styro coffee cup, and pour in about shots worth of your favorite liquor. The, get the lid ready and drop a small peice of dry ice down into the alcohol and slam on the lid. It creates lots of alcohol mist that is ready for breathing consumption. I only did it once. mostly cause it has no point. We went through numerous shots and never got drunk. You do have to pace yourself though. It's lots o' CO2 you are inhaling.

People apparently do this all the time, so inhaling alcohol can't be that bad? I smell wives tales.

Guest Hooligan

I'd try sweet carolina vodka

just a thought

if you do lemme know how it goes

I have put beer and Southern Comfort in the base....

The initial (first) draw about killed me, but eventually it evened out.

It put an edge on the flavor, and made the buzz a bit more intense....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Hookah.org mobile app

I have put beer and Southern Comfort in the base....

The initial (first) draw about killed me, but eventually it evened out.

It put an edge on the flavor, and made the buzz a bit more intense....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Hookah.org mobile app

How much beer or whiskey?

I used to do this, once I put Malibu Rum, Parrot Bay, and Absolut Peach in the base. No serious effects, got everyone buzzed but that was about it, tasted on point though with the fantasia pink lemonade we were smoking.

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Mobile App

This seems very pointless to me. Maybe I'm just boring haha I never put anything other than water in my base, not even ice.

That's generally how I feel about it as well, only reason I did it was because it was a real special occasion for a friend at the time.

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Mobile App

Whiskey works. I would suggest trying it with Cinnamon, Cardamom or Cigar (Yes there is cigar flavoured shisha tobacco!) shisha. I personally have only tried Cinnamon with whiskey in the base, but it worked a treat! Also, I have a feeling that grenadine might work as it has a strong floral taste.

This is the same concept, in a way, as the Vaportini...

http://geekologie.com/2013/01/this-will-end-bad-35-alcohol-vaporizer-g.php

~Going where the wind blows

That's crazy. I didn't know you can vape alcohol...

I'm not sure if putting whiskey in the base is exactly the same thing because the whiskey doesn't really evaporate. Its more for the taste and very small buzz that it might give.

I'm not sure if putting whiskey in the base is exactly the same thing because the whiskey doesn't really evaporate. Its more for the taste and very small buzz that it might give.

You're probably right since the alcohol isn't going through the same process. You may get a buzz from inhaling it for so long though

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Inhaling alcohol? WTF??? the best part is ingesting it with a bunch of friends and savoring the yumminess. Kids these days. tsk tsk.

• Like 2

That's why I said "in a way" because there will be some evaporation from the heated smoke, just not as much as the Vaportini... Personally, I'd like to try one just to say I did :)

• Like 1

if you want to add alcohol to your hookah. take about 4cl (a shot glass) and pour it down the stem, so it will cover the stem inside. It will give you the taste and not will get you sick.

• Like 1

if you want to add alcohol to your hookah. take about 4cl (a shot glass) and pour it down the stem, so it will cover the stem inside. It will give you the taste and not will get you sick.

Oh nice trick!. I usually just put the alcohol in the base specially if it's wine. I've noticed straight alcohol like vodka doesn't really do anything for the taste of the shisha, but red wine and ONLY red wine in the base it helps the flavors a lot. I wonder what shisha goes with tequila because I want to do that to my stem tonight. LOL 

• Like 1

how it went :) ?

I didn't because I don't have strawberry flavored shisha on hand right now. I have cherry but I don't know what flavor to smoke with it. 

• Like 2

I tried a mix of piña colada once with Starbuzz piña colada and i used rum and vodka in other occasions , i never seemed to feel an increase in flavor , maybe since whisky is strong you might feel something.

All i ever felt was a very strong buzz from the vaporized alcohol that lasted about 20minutes take or add a few minutes depending on the beverage .

• Like 1

I tried a mix of piña colada once with Starbuzz piña colada and i used rum and vodka in other occasions , i never seemed to feel an increase in flavor , maybe since whisky is strong you might feel something.

All i ever felt was a very strong buzz from the vaporized alcohol that lasted about 20minutes take or add a few minutes depending on the beverage .

I had it with vodka in the base once and it really didn't make any difference. The only time I notice a difference in flavor was when I used a bottle of red wine with some ice. That was good but I don't remember the flavor shisha I was smoking.